Buy It’s a Wonderful Life Poster
It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
- AKA: A Felicidade Não Se Compra, Az élet csodaszép, Det er herligt at leve, Divan zivot, Do Céu Caiu Uma Estrela, durf te leven, Elämä on sittenkin ihanaa, Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life, Ihmeellinen elämä, Ihmeellinen on elämä, Ist das Leben nicht schön?, jinsei!, La vie est belle, La vita è meravigliosa, Livet är underbart, Livet er vidunderlig, Mens, Mia yperohi zoi, O viata minunata, Qué bello es vivir, Que bonic és viure!, Que la vie est belle, Sahane Hayat, Subarashiki kana, Tai nuostabus gyvenimas, The Greatest Gift, To wspaniale zycie, Wat een mooi leven, Yasamak Güzeldir, Zycie jest cudowne, Μια υπέροχη ζωή, Животът е чудесен, Эта замечательная жизнь, 哀乐人生, 生活多美好, 美好生活, 风云人物
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 8.6
- Genres: Drama, Family, Fantasy
- Release: 1947-01-07
- Director: Frank Capra
- Writers: Frances Goodrich (screenplay) , Albert Hackett (screenplay) , Frank Capra (screenplay) , Jo Swerling (additional scenes) , Philip Van Doren Stern (story)
- Language: English | French
- Stars: James Stewart , Donna Reed , Lionel Barrymore , Thomas Mitchell
- Runtime: 130 min
- Awards: Nominated for 5 Oscars. Another 6 wins & 1 nomination.
- Plot: George Bailey has spent his entire life giving of himself to the people of Bedford Falls. He has always longed to travel but never had the opportunity in order to prevent rich skinflint Mr. Potter from taking over the entire town. All that prevents him from doing so is George's modest building and loan company, which was founded by his generous father. But on Christmas Eve, George's Uncle Billy loses the business's $8,000 while intending to deposit it in the bank. Potter finds the misplaced money and hides it from Billy. When the bank examiner discovers the shortage later that night, George realizes that he will be held responsible and sent to jail and the company will collapse, finally allowing Potter to take over the town. Thinking of his wife, their young children, and others he loves will be better off with him dead, he contemplates suicide. But the prayers of his loved ones result in a gentle angel named Clarence coming to earth to help George, with the promise of earning his wings. He shows George what things would have been like if he had never been born. In a nightmarish vision in which the Potter-controlled town is sunk in sex and sin, those George loves are either dead, ruined, or miserable. He realizes that he has touched many people in a positive way and that his life has truly been a wonderful one.