Buy 7th Heaven Poster
7th Heaven (1927)
- AKA: A hetedik mennyország, A Hora Suprema, Das Glück in der Mansarde, Den store Time, El 7º cielo, El séptimo cielo, Evdomos ouranos, I sjunde himlen, Im siebenten Himmel, L'heure suprême, Pariser Unterwelt, Seitsmendas taewas, Sétimo Céu, Settimo cielo, Seventh Heaven, Siódme niebo, Syvende himmel, Yedinci cennet, Седьмое небо, 第七天堂
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 7.8
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release: 1927-10-30
- Director: Frank Borzage
- Writers: Austin Strong (play) , Benjamin Glazer (screenplay) , Katherine Hilliker (adaptation) , H.H. Caldwell (adaptation) , Katherine Hilliker (titles) , H.H. Caldwell (titles)
- Language: English
- Stars: Janet Gaynor , Charles Farrell , Albert Gran , David Butler
- Runtime: 110 min
- Awards: Won 3 Oscars. Another 3 wins & 2 nominations.
- Plot: In Paris, in the early years of the twentieth century, lives Chico, a sewer worker with lofty aspirations. One night, Chico saves a young prostitute named Diane from the murderous rage of her tyrannical sister. Despite her lifestyle, Diane is honest and innocent, and when the police arrive to arrest her, Chico spontaneously claims that she is his wife. Forced to maintain this facade or else both face prison sentences, Chico reluctantly allows Diane to live with him -- and in the process, love gradually blossoms between them. However, the dark spectre of World War I has begun to descend upon France, and Chico and Diane cannot help but fall under its shadow.