Buy The Great Ziegfeld Poster
The Great Ziegfeld (1936)
- AKA: A nagy Ziegfeld, Den store Ziegfeld, Der große Ziegfeld, Der König der Frauen, El gran Ziegfeld, Il paradiso delle fanciulle, Król kobiet, Kyosei Jiguferudo, Le grand Ziegfeld, O Grande Ziegfeld, O megas Ziegfeld, Revykongen Ziegfeld, Revykonungurinn Ziegfeld, Velký Ziegfeld, Ziegfeld - O Criador de Estrelas, Ziegfeld naisten kuningas, Великий Зигфилд, Великият Зигфилд, 歌舞大王齐格菲, 歌舞大王齐格飞
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 6.8
- Genres: Biography, Drama, Musical
- Release: 1936-04-08
- Director: Robert Z. Leonard (1889–1968)
- Writers: William Anthony McGuire (1881–1940)
- Language: English
- Stars: Myrna Loy (1905–1993) , Luise Rainer (1910–2014) , Frank Morgan (I) (1890–1949) , Fanny Brice (1891–1951) , Virginia Bruce (1910–1982) , Ray Bolger (1904–1987) , Ernest Cossart (1876–1951) , Joseph Cawthorn (1868–1949) , Nat Pendleton (1895–1967) , Harriet Hoctor (1905–1977) , Jean Chatburn (1914–2007) , Paul Irving (I) (1877–1959) , Herman Bing (1889–1947) , William Powell (I) (1892–1984) , Reginald Owen (1887–1972)
- Runtime: 176 min
- Awards: Won 3 Oscars. Another 1 win & 5 nominations.
- Plot: At the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, sideshow barker Flo Ziegfeld turns the tables on his more successful neighbor Billings, and steals his girlfriend to boot. This pattern is repeated throughout their lives, as Ziegfeld makes and loses many fortunes putting on ever bigger, more spectacular shows (sections of which appear in the film). French revue star Anna Held becomes his first wife, but it's not easy being married to the man who "glorified the American girl." Late in life, now married to Billie Burke, he seems to be all washed up, but...