Buy Russian Ark Poster
Russian Ark (2002)
- Country: Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Japan, Russia
- IMDB Rating: 7.4
- Genres: Drama, Fantasy, History
- Release: 2003-04-19
- Director: Aleksandr Sokurov
- Writers: Boris Khaimsky (dialogue) , Anatoli Nikiforov , Svetlana Proskurina (dialogue) , Aleksandr Sokurov (dialogue) , Aleksandr Sokurov
- Language: Russian | Persian
- Stars: Sergey Dreyden , Mariya Kuznetsova , Leonid Mozgovoy , Mikhail Piotrovsky
- Runtime: 99 min
- Awards: 10 wins & 15 nominations.
- Plot: An unseen man regains consciousness, not knowing who or where he is. No one seems to be able to see him, except the mysterious man dressed in black. He eventually learns through their discussions that this man is a 19th century French aristocrat, who he coins the "European". This turn of events is unusual as the unseen man has a knowledge of the present day. The two quickly learn that they are in the Winter Palace of the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, the European who has a comprehensive knowledge of Russian history to his time. As the two travel through the palace and its grounds, they interact with people from various eras of Russian history, either through events that have happened at the palace or through the viewing of artifacts housed in the museum. Ultimately, the unseen man's desired journey is to move forward, with or without his European companion.