- Country: France, Sweden, West Germany
- Genres: Drama
- Release: 1982-12-17
- Director: Ingmar Bergman
- Writers: Ingmar Bergman
- Language: Swedish | German | Yiddish | English | French
- Stars: Bertil Guve , Pernilla Allwin , Kristina Adolphson , Börje Ahlstedt
- Runtime: 188 min
- Awards: Won 4 Oscars. Another 21 wins & 11 nominations.
- AKA: Фани и Александър (Bulgaria) , Fanny & Alexander (Finland) , Fanny és Alexander (Hungary) , Fanny ja Alexander I (Finland) , ファニーとアレクサンデル (Japan) , Fanny och Alexander (Sweden) , Fanny y Alexander (Mexico) , Fanny y Alexander (Peru) , Fanî to Arekusanderu (Japan) , Fanny y Alexander (Argentina) , Fanny and Alexander (United Kingdom) , Fanny et Alexandre (Canada) , Fanny ve Alexander (Turkey) , Fanny i Aleksander (Poland) , Fanny kai Alexandros (Greece) , Fanny y Alexander (Uruguay, Eastern Republic of) , Fani ir Aleksandras (Lithuania) , Fanny i Alexander (Spain) , Fani i Aleksandar (Serbia) , Фанні та Олександр (Ukraine) , Fanny i Alexander (Croatia) , Fanny in Alexander (Slovenia) , Fanny och Alexander , Fanny y Alexander (Spain) , Fanny og Alexander (Norway) , Фанни и Александр , Fanny and Alexander , Fanny e Alexandre (Portugal, Portuguese Republic) , Fanny og Alexander (Denmark) , Fanny ja Alexander II (Finland) , Fanny & Alexander , 芬妮與亞歷山大 (Taiwan) , Fanny et Alexandre (France, French Republic) , Fanny und Alexander (Germany) , Φάννυ και Αλέξανδρος (Greece) , Fanny & Alexander (Brazil) , Fanny und Alexander , Fanny e Alexander (Italy) , Фанни и Александр (Russian Federation) , Fanny ja Alexander (Estonia) , Fanny & Alexander (Italy) , Fanny and Alexander (United States of America) , Fanny e Alexander (Brazil)Fani i Aleksandar, Fanî to Arekusanderu, Fanny & Alexander, Fanny and Alexander, Fanny e Alexander, Fanny e Alexandre, Fanny és Alexander, Fanny et Alexandre, Fanny i Aleksander, Fanny ja Alexander, Fanny kai Alexandros, Fanny og Alexander, Fanny und Alexander, Fanny ve Alexander, Fanny y Alexander, Φάννυ και Αλέξανδρος, Фани и Александър, Фанни и Александр, 芬妮与亚历山大
- Plot: It's the early twentieth century Sweden. Adolescent siblings Alexander and Fanny Ekdahl lead a relatively joyous and exuberant life with their well-off extended paternal family, led by the family matriarch, their grandmother, Helena Ekdahl. The openness of the family culture is exemplified by Helena's now deceased husband ending up becoming best friends with one of her lovers, a Jewish puppet maker named Isak Jacobi, and their Uncle Gustav Adolf's open liaison with one of the family maids, Maj, who everyone in the family adores, even Gustav Adolf's wife, Alma. Between the siblings, Alexander in particular has inherited the family's love of storytelling, his parents and his grandmother who are actors and who manage their own theater. Things change for Alexander and Fanny when their father, Oscar, dies shortly after Christmas 1907. Although she truly does believe she loves him, the children's mother, Emilie, decides to marry Bishop Edvard Vergérus, who she first met as the officiate at Oscar's funeral. She also wants a father figure for the children. Going into the marriage, Emilie has inclinations that it will be a much different life than she had with the Ekdahls, but is not prepared for the harsh, austere and strict life Edvard rules with an iron fist. Emilie, Alexander and Fanny end up being prisoners in the bishop's stark and humorless house. As Alexander butts head with his stepfather and tries to learn how to keep to his own principles while obeying Edvard, Emilie tries to figure out a way to regain her and her children's own destiny, as Edvard will not consent to divorce, and her "desertion" in the eyes of the law means that Alexander and Fanny would become his wards.
Buy Fanny och Alexander Poster
All Fanny och Alexander Movie Posters (12)