Buy Jaws Poster
- AKA: A cápa, Ajkula, Cápa, Celisti, Celuste, De zomer van de witte haai, Der weiße Hai, Dødens gab, Falci, Haisommer, Hajen, Ham Ca Map, Jala Danava, Jaws, Jozu, Les dents de la mer, Lo squalo, Lõuad, Melta'ot, Nasrai, O Tubarão, Ralje, Stillness in the Water, Szczeki, Ta sagonia tou karharia, Tappajahai, Tiburón, Tubarão, Zrelo, Τα σαγόνια του καρχαρία, Чeлюсти, 大白鲨
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 8.0
- Genres: Adventure, Drama, Thriller
- Release: 1975-06-20 (USA)
- Director: Steven Spielberg
- Writers: Peter Benchley (1940–2006) , Carl Gottlieb (I)
- Language: English
- Stars: Lorraine Gary , Murray Hamilton (I) (1923–1986) , Carl Gottlieb (I) , Jeffrey Kramer (I) , Chris Rebello (1963–2000) , Jay Mello , Lee Fierro (I) , Jeffrey Voorhees , Craig Kingsbury (I) (1912–2002) , Jonathan Filley , Susan Backlinie , Ted Grossman (I) , Robert Shaw (I) (1927–1978) , Roy Scheider (1932–2008) , Richard Dreyfuss
- Runtime: 124 min
- Awards: Won 3 Oscars. Another 11 wins & 18 nominations.
- Plot: It's a hot summer on Amity Island, a small community whose main business is its beaches. When new Sheriff Martin Brody discovers the remains of a shark attack victim, his first inclination is to close the beaches to swimmers. This doesn't sit well with Mayor Larry Vaughn and several of the local businessmen. Brody backs down to his regret as that weekend a young boy is killed by the predator. The dead boy's mother puts out a bounty on the shark and Amity is soon swamped with amateur hunters and fisherman hoping to cash in on the reward. A local fisherman with much experience hunting sharks, Quint, offers to hunt down the creature for a hefty fee. Soon Quint, Brody and Matt Hooper from the Oceanographic Institute are at sea hunting the Great White shark. As Brody succinctly surmises after their first encounter with the creature, they're going to need a bigger boat.