Buy Funny Face Poster
Funny Face (1957)
- AKA: Amo París (Venezuela), Cenerentola a Parigi (Italy), Cinderela em Paris (Brazil), Cinderela em Paris (Portugal), Das rosarote Mannequin (West Germany), Drôle de frimousse (Belgium) (French title), Drôle de frimousse (France), Ein süßer Fratz (Austria), Ein süßer Fratz (Germany), Ein süßer Fratz (West Germany), Exypno moutraki (Greece) (transliterated ISO-LATIN-1 title), Forelsket i Paris (Norway), Funny Face - forelsket i Paris (Denmark), Guitig snuitje (Belgium) (Flemish title), Kär i Paris (Finland) (Swedish title), Kär i Paris (Sweden), La cenicienta en París (Argentina), La Cenicienta en París (Uruguay), Mókás arc (Hungary), Rakastunut Pariisissa (Finland), Sahane macera (Turkey) (Turkish title), Una cara con ángel (Spain), Una Cenicienta en París (Chile), Zabawna buzia (Poland), Εξυπνο μουτράκι (Greece), Забавная мордашка (Russia), Забавная мордашка (Soviet Union) (Russian title), Смешно лице (Bulgaria) (Bulgarian title), 甜姐儿 (China)
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 7.1
- Genres: Comedy, Musical, Romance
- Release: 1957-02-13
- Director: Stanley Donen
- Writers: Leonard Gershe
- Language: English | French
- Stars: Audrey Hepburn , Fred Astaire , Kay Thompson , Michel Auclair
- Runtime: 103 min
- Awards: Nominated for 4 Oscars. Another 2 wins & 6 nominations.
- Plot: Fashion photographer Dick Avery, in search for an intellectual backdrop for an air-headed model, expropriates a Greenwich Village bookstore. When the photo session is over the store is left in a shambles, much to salesgirl Jo Stockton's dismay. Avery stays behind to help her clean up. Later, he examines the photos taken there and sees Jo in the background of one shot. He is intrigued by her unique appearance, as is Maggie Prescott, the editor of a leading fashion magazine. They offer Jo a modeling contract, which she reluctantly accepts only because it includes a trip to Paris. Eventually, her snobbish attitude toward the job softens, and Jo begins to enjoy the work and the company of her handsome photographer.