Buy Touch of Evil Poster
Touch of Evil (1958)
- AKA: A gonosz érintése, A Marca da Maldade, A Sede do Mal, Badge of Evil, Bitmeyen balayi, Complot met de duivel, Dodir zla, Dotyk zla, En djävulsk fälla, Im Zeichen des Bösen, L'infernale Quinlan, La soif du mal, Med alle midler, O arhon tou tromou, Pahan kosketus, Politiets blinde øje, Sed de mal, Sombras del mal, Stigmatul Raului, To agigma tou kakou, Ο άρχων του τρόμου, Допир до злото, Печать зла, 历劫佳人, 历劫名花, 恶之触, 狂野生死恋, 邪恶之触, 邪恶的接触
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 8.0
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir, Thriller
- Release: 1958-05-09
- Director: Orson Welles
- Writers: Orson Welles (screenplay) , Whit Masterson (based on the novel "Badge Of Evil" by)
- Language: English | Spanish
- Stars: Charlton Heston , Janet Leigh , Orson Welles , Joseph Calleia
- Runtime: 95 min
- Awards: 7 wins & 1 nomination.
- Plot: Mexican Narcotics officer Ramon Miguel 'Mike' Vargas has to interrupt his honeymoon on the Mexican-US border when an American building contractor is killed after someone places a bomb in his car. He's killed on the US side of the border but it's clear that the bomb was planted on the Mexican side. As a result, Vargas delays his return to Mexico City where he has been mounting a case against the Grandi family crime and narcotics syndicate. Police Captain Hank Quinlan is in charge on the US side and he soon has a suspect, a Mexican named Manolo Sanchez. Vargas is soon onto Quinlan and his Sergeant, Pete Menzies, when he catches them planting evidence to convict Sanchez. With his new American wife, Susie, safely tucked away in a hotel on the US side of the border - or so he thinks - he starts to review Quinlan's earlier cases. While concentrating on the corrupt policeman however, the Grandis have their own plans for Vargas and they start with his wife Susie.