Buy All About Eve Poster
All About Eve (1950)
- AKA: A Malvada, Alles über Eva, Allt om Eva, Alt om Eva, Best Performance, Beszéljünk Éváról!, Eva al desnudo, Eva contro Eva, Ève, Eve no subete, Eveeui Modeun Gut, Ha-Kol Odot Hava, Hablemos de Eva, Kaikki Eevasta, La malvada, Lábuk elött hever a világ, Mindent Éváról, Ola gia tin Eva, Perde Açiliyor, Sve o Evi, Tot sobre Eva, Totul despre Eva, Vse o Evi, Wszystko o Ewie, Εύα, Всё о Еве, Всичко за Ева, 关于伊芙的一切, 彗星美人
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 8.2
- Genres: Drama
- Release: 1950-10-27
- Director: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Writers: Joseph L. Mankiewicz (written for the screen by)
- Language: English | French
- Stars: Bette Davis , Anne Baxter , George Sanders , Celeste Holm
- Runtime: 138 min
- Awards: Won 6 Oscars. Another 17 wins & 18 nominations.
- Plot: Eve (Anne Baxter) is waiting backstage to meet her idol, aging Broadway star Margo Channing (Bette Davis). It seems innocent enough as Eve explains that she has seen Margo in EVERY performance of her current play. Only playwright/critic DeWitt (George Sanders) sees through Eve's evil plan, which is to take her parts and her fiancé, Bill Simpson (Gary Merrill). When the fiancé shows no interest, she tries for playwright Lloyd Richards (Hugh Marlowe), but DeWitt stops her. After she accepts her award, she decides to skip the after-party and goes to her room, where a young woman named Phoebe has sneaked into her room and fallen asleep. This is where the "Circle of Life" now comes to fruition as Eve will get played like she played Margo.