- Country: USA
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release: 2004-07-30
- Director: Richard Linklater
- Writers: Kim Krizan
- Language: English | French
- Stars: Ethan Hawke , Julie Delpy , Vernon Dobtcheff , Louise Lemoine Torrès
- Runtime: 80 min
- Awards: Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 9 wins & 31 nominations.
- AKA: Antes do Pôr-do-Sol (Brazil) , Before Sunset (India) , Преди залез (Bulgaria) , Prima del tramonto (Italy) , Перед закатом (Russian Federation) , Before Sunset , 愛在日落巴黎時 (Taiwan) , Prije sumraka (Croatia) , Πριν το ηλιοβασίλεμα (Greece) , Před soumrakem (Czech Republic) , Przed zachodem słońca (Poland) , Bara en dag (Sweden) , If Not Now (United States of America) , Antes do Anoitecer (Portugal, Portuguese Republic) , Перед заходом сонця (Ukraine) , Before Sunset (United Kingdom) , Antes del atardecer de Richard Linklater (Spain) , Antes del atardecer (Mexico) , Before Sunset (Australia) , Antes del atardecer (Argentina) , Pish az ghorub (Iran) , Prin to iliovasilema (Greece) , Before Sunrise 2 (United States of America) , Antes del atardecer , Before Sunset (France, French Republic) , Mielőtt lemegy a Nap (Hungary) , Abans de la posta (Spain) , Avant la nuit, tout est possible (Canada) , Antes del atardecer (Uruguay, Eastern Republic of) , Untitled Before Sunrise Sequel (United States of America) , Før solnedgang (Norway) , Before Sunset (Germany) , Before Sunset (United States of America) , Prieš saulėlydį (Lithuania) , Пре заласка сунца (Serbia) , Antes del atardecer (Spain) , Rakkautta ennen auringonlaskua (Finland) , Înainte de apus (Romania) , Gün Batmadan (Turkey) , Pred súmrakom (Slovakia (Slovak Republic)) , Pred mrakom (Slovenia)
- Plot: Early thirty-something American Jesse Wallace is in a Paris bookstore, the last stop on a tour to promote his best selling book, This Time. Although he is vague to reporters about the source material for the book, it is about his chance encounter nine years earlier on June 15-16, 1994 with a Parisienne named Celine, and the memorable and romantic day and evening they spent together in Vienna. At the end of their encounter at the Vienna train station, which is also how the book ends, they, not providing contact information to the other, vowed to meet each other again in exactly six months at that very spot. As the media scrum at the bookstore nears its conclusion, Jesse spots Celine in the crowd, she who only found out about the book when she earlier saw his photograph promoting this public appearance. Much like their previous encounter, Jesse and Celine, who is now an environmental activist, decide to spend time together until he is supposed to catch his flight back to New York, this time only being about an hour. Beyond the issue of the six month meeting, what has happened in their lives in the intervening nine years, and their current lives, they once again talk about their philosophies of life and love, this time with the knowledge of their day together and how it shaped what has happened to them.
Buy Before Sunset Poster
All Before Sunset Movie Posters (20)