Buy The Teahouse of the August Moon Poster
The Teahouse of the August Moon (1956)
- AKA: A Casa de Chá do Luar de Agosto, Avgoustiatiko feggari, Cajdzinica na avgustovskoj mesecini, Çayhane, Chaykhaneye August Moon, Das kleine Teehaus, Det lille tehus, Elokuun teehuone, Herbaciarnia 'Pod Ksiezycem', La casa da tè alla luna d'agosto, La casa de té de la luna de agosto, La petite maison de thé, Teaház az Augusztusi Holdhoz, Tehuset Augustimånen, Чайная церемония, 秋月茶室
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 6.9
- Genres: Comedy
- Release: 1956-12-01
- Director: Daniel Mann
- Writers: John Patrick (screenplay) , Vern J. Sneider (book) , John Patrick (play)
- Language: English | Japanese
- Stars: Marlon Brando , Glenn Ford , Machiko Kyô , Eddie Albert
- Runtime: 123 min
- Awards: Nominated for 6 Golden Globes. Another 3 nominations.
- Plot: This comedy-drama is partially a gentle satire on America's drive to change the world in the post-war years. One year after World War II, Captain Fisby is sent to the village of Tobiki in Okinawa to teach the people democracy. The first step is to build a school -- but the wily Okinawans know what they really want. They tell him about their culture and traditions -- and persuade him to build something they really want instead: a teahouse. Fisby has a hard time breaking this news to his superiors.