Buy Twentieth Century Poster
Twentieth Century (1934)
- AKA: 20th Century, Den store scene, Huszadik század, La comedia de la vida, Napoleon na Broadwayu, Napoleon vom Broadway, Primadonna, Século XX, Suprema Conquista, Train de luxe, Traino polyteleias, Twintigste eeuw, Vingtième siècle, XX secolo, Двадцатый век, 二十世纪快车
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 7.8
- Genres: Comedy, Romance
- Release: 1934-05-11
- Director: Howard Hawks
- Writers: Charles Bruce Millholland (play) , Ben Hecht (screenplay) , Charles MacArthur (screenplay)
- Language: English | German
- Stars: John Barrymore , Carole Lombard , Walter Connolly , Roscoe Karns
- Runtime: 91 min
- Awards: 1 win & 1 nomination.
- Plot: Broadway director Oscar Jaffe (John Barrymore) is a bigger ham than most actors, but through sheer drive and talent he is able to build a successful career. When one of his discoveries, Lily Garland (Carole Lombard), rises to stardom and heeds the call of Hollywood, Oscar begins a career slide. He hits the skids and seems on his way out, until he chances to meet Lily again, on a train ride aboard the Twentieth Century Limited. Oscar pulls out all the stops to re-sign his former star, but it's a battle... because Lily, who is as temperamental as Oscar is, wants to have nothing to do with her former mentor.