- Country: Brazil
- Genres: Documentary
- Release: 2004-06-23
- Director: Roberto Berliner , Leonardo Domingues
- Writers: Mauricio Lissovski
- Language: Portuguese
- Stars: Regina Barbosa , Maria das Neves Barbosa , Conceição Barbosa , Regina Casé
- Runtime: 84 min
- Awards: 1 win & 7 nominations.
- AKA: Όπως γεννιέται καθένας (Greece) , Born to Be Blind , A Pessoa É Para o Que Nasce , Slepy los (Poland) , A Pessoa É Para o Que Nasce (Brazil)
- Plot: In Campina Grande, Northeastern of Brazil, the three fifty and something year old illiterate Barbosa sisters (Maria das Neves a.k.a. "Maroca", Regina a.k.a."Poroca" and Conceição a.k.a. "Indaiá") are daughters of cousins and born blind. They have survived playing "ganzá" and begging on the streets of Campina Grande since their childhood. The director Roberto Berliner discloses in this remarkable documentary their sad stories, with poverty, rape, abuse inclusive sexual and love, but never corny; on the contrary, with a great message of strength, faith and hope.
Buy Born to Be Blind Poster
All Born to Be Blind Movie Posters (1)