Buy The Sound of Music Poster
The Sound of Music (1965)
- AKA: A muzsika hangja, A Noviça Rebelde, Dzwieki muzyki, Helisev muusika, I melodia tis eftyhias, La mélodie du bonheur, La novicia rebelde, Meine Lieder meine Träume, Moje pesme, Moje pesme moji snovi, Moje pjesme, moji snovi, Música no Coração, Muzikos garsai, Neseli günler, Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music, Somriures i llàgrimes, Sonrisas y lágrimas, Sound of Music, Sound of Music - laulava Trappin perhe, Sunetul muzicii, The Sound of Music - laulava Trappin perhe, Tutti insieme appassionatamente, Yin Yue Zhi Sheng, Za zvuku hudby, Звуки музыки, Звукът на музиката, 音乐之声
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 8.0
- Genres: Biography, Drama, Family, Musical, Romance
- Release: 1965-04-01
- Director: Robert Wise
- Writers: George Hurdalek (with the partial use of ideas by) , Howard Lindsay (from the stage musical book by) , Russel Crouse (from the stage musical book by) , Ernest Lehman (screenplay)
- Language: English | German
- Stars: Julie Andrews , Christopher Plummer , Eleanor Parker , Richard Haydn
- Runtime: 172 min
- Awards: Won 5 Oscars. Another 12 wins & 13 nominations.
- Plot: In 1930's Austria, a young woman named Maria is failing miserably in her attempts to become a nun. When the Navy captain Georg Von Trapp writes to the convent asking for a governess that can handle his seven mischievous children, Maria is given the job. The Captain's wife is dead, and he is often away, and runs the household as strictly as he does the ships he sails on. The children are unhappy and resentful of the governesses that their father keeps hiring, and have managed to run each of them off one by one. When Maria arrives, she is initially met with the same hostility, but her kindness, understanding, and sense of fun soon draws them to her and brings some much-needed joy into all their lives -- including the Captain's. Eventually he and Maria find themselves falling in love, even though Georg is already engaged to a Baroness and Maria is still a postulant. The romance makes them both start questioning the decisions they have made. Their personal conflicts soon become overshadowed, however, by world events. Austria is about to come under the control of Germany, and the Captain may soon find himself drafted into the German navy and forced to fight against his own country.