Buy The Solid Gold Cadillac Poster
The Solid Gold Cadillac (1956)
- AKA: 'Кадиллак' из чистого золота, Die Frau im goldenen Cadillac, Dollarityttö, El cadillac de oro, En Cadillac af guld, Huv'et på skaft, I gynaika me ti hrysi cadillac, O Cadillac de Oiro, O Cadillac de Ouro, Un cadillac de oro macizo, Una cadillac tutta d'oro, Une cadillac en or massif, Une cadillas en or massif, Zlatni Kadilak, 金车玉人
- Country: USA
- IMDB Rating: 7.6
- Genres: Comedy, Romance
- Release: 1956-08-22
- Director: Richard Quine
- Writers: Abe Burrows (screen play) , George S. Kaufman (from the play by) , Howard Teichmann (from the play by)
- Language: English
- Stars: Judy Holliday , Paul Douglas , Fred Clark , John Williams
- Runtime: 99 min
- Awards: Won 1 Oscar. Another 4 nominations.
- Plot: Laura Partridge is a very enthusiastic small stockholder of 10 shares in International Projects, a large corporation based in New York. She attends her first stockholder meeting ready to question the board of directors from their salaries to their operations. These are not the questions which the board expected to be asked of them, especially since they are all crooked, except for Edward McKeever, the current CEO who has resigned in order to take an advisory position at the Pentagon. Following the meeting, he bumps into Laura and offers to drive her home. On the way there, Laura displays her enthusiasm for being a stockholder, as a result, Edward takes a liking to her. With Edward in Washington, John Blessington and Clifford Snell establish their hold on International Projects - They see greater riches now that Edward has influence with the US senate, especially with the awarding of federal contracts, unfortunately for them he is honest, and won't do their bidding. In the meantime, Laura continues to be a nusance to the board. Blessington believes the only way to silence her, is to give her a high paying position with the company. The idea is for her to do absolutely nothing - Laura has other plans. She begins to correspond with other small stockholders in the company - a problem for the board. They decide to use her influence on Edward and send her to Washington to get contracts. Laura now knowing their true intentions for her, has her own agenda, that is, get Edward back in charge of the company.