Buy Ugetsu monogatari Poster
Ugetsu monogatari (1953)
- AKA: Contos da Lua Vaga, Contos da Lua Vaga Depois da Chuva, Cuentos de la luna pálida, Cuentos de la luna vaga después de la lluvia, En bleg og mystisk månes fortælling efter regnen, Fortellinger om en blek og mystisk måne etter regnet, I racconti della luna pallida d'agosto, La mujer perdida, Les contes de la lune vague après la pluie, Opowiesci ksiezycowe, Sagor om en blek och mystisk måne efter regnet, Tales of a Pale and Mysterious Moon After the Rain, Tales of Ugetsu, Ugetsu, Ugetsu - Erzählungen unter dem Regenmond, Ugetsu - kalpean kuun tarinoita, Ugetsu cuentos de la luna pálida de Agosto, Ugetsu cuentos de la luna pálida después de la lluvia, Ugetsu története, Yagmurdan Sonraki Soluk Ayin Hikayeleri, Разкази на бледата луна след дъжд, Сказки туманной луны после дождя, 雨月物語, 雨月物语
- Country: Japan
- IMDB Rating: 8.2
- Genres: Drama, Fantasy, War
- Release: 1954-09-07
- Director: Kenji Mizoguchi
- Writers: Matsutarô Kawaguchi (adaptation) , Hisakazu Tsuji (idea) , Akinari Ueda (stories) , Yoshikata Yoda (screenplay)
- Language: Japanese
- Stars: Machiko Kyô , Mitsuko Mito , Kinuyo Tanaka , Masayuki Mori
- Runtime: 96 min
- Awards: Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 4 wins & 1 nomination.
- Plot: In the beginning of the springtime in the period of the Japanese Civil Wars of the Sixteenth Century in Lake Biwa in the Province of Omi, the family man farmer and craftsman Genjurô travels to Nagahama to sell his wares and makes a small fortune. His neighbor Tobei that is a fool man dreams on becoming a samurai, but he can not afford to buy the necessary outfit. The greedy Genjurô and Tobei work together manufacturing clay potteries, expecting to sell the pieces and enrich; however, their wives Miyage and Ohama are worried about the army of the cruel Shibata that is coming to their village and they warn their ambitious husbands. Their village is looted but the families flee and survive; Genjurô and Tobei decide to travel by boat with their wives and baby to sell the wares in a bigger town. When they meet another boat that was attacked by pirates, Genjurô decides to leave his wife and son on the bank of the river, promising to return in ten days. Genjurô, Tobei and Ohama raise a large amount but Tobei leaves his wife to buy the samurai outfit and seek fame and fortune. Meanwhile the female aristocratic Lady Wakasa and her servant ask Genjurô to bring her shopping to her fancy Kutsuki House. Sooner Genjurô and Tobei discover the price they have to pay for their ambition.