- Res: 500x768
- Published by guoshe
Category: Movie Poster | Tag：
- AKA: A Ponte do Rio Kwai, Broen over floden Kwai, Broen over Kwai, Bron över floden Kwai, Brúin yfir Kwai fljót, De brug over de rivier Kwai, Die Brücke am Kwai, El pont sobre el riu Kwai, El puente sobre el río Kwai, Ha-Gesher Al Nahar Kwai, Híd a Kwai folyón, I gefyra tou potamou Kwai, Il ponte sul fiume Kwai, Kwai Köprüsü, Kwai-joen silta, Le pont de la rivière Kwai, Most cez rieku Kwai, Most na reci Kvai, Most na rijeci Kwai, Most na rzece Kwai, Most pres reku Kwai, Podul de pe raul Kwai, Senjô ni kakeru hashi, Η γέφυρα του ποταμού Κβάι, Мост через реку Квай, Мостът на река Куай, 桂河大桥, 桂河桥
- IMDB Rating: 8.2
- Genres: Adventure, Drama, War
- Country: UK
- Release: 1957-12-14
- Director: David Lean
- Writers: Pierre Boulle (novel) , Carl Foreman (screenplay) , Michael Wilson (screenplay)
- Stars: William Holden , Alec Guinness , Jack Hawkins , Sessue Hayakawa
- Language: English | Japanese | Thai
- Runtime: 161 min
- Awards: Won 7 Oscars. Another 23 wins & 7 nominations.
- Plot: The film deals with the situation of British prisoners of war during World War II who are ordered to build a bridge to accommodate the Burma-Siam railway. Their instinct is to sabotage the bridge but, under the leadership of Colonel Nicholson, they are persuaded that the bridge should be constructed as a symbol of British morale, spirit and dignity in adverse circumstances. At first, the prisoners admire Nicholson when he bravely endures torture rather than compromise his principles for the benefit of the Japanese commandant Saito. He is an honorable but arrogant man, who is slowly revealed to be a deluded obsessive. He convinces himself that the bridge is a monument to British character, but actually is a monument to himself, and his insistence on its construction becomes a subtle form of collaboration with the enemy. Unknown to him, the Allies have sent a mission into the jungle, led by Warden and an American, Shears, to blow up the bridge.